Saturday, October 15, 2016

Mens short sleeve shirt

I recently finished this button up for my husband using the Burda 7767 pattern. I have lost count of how many shirts I have made for him with this pattern - it is such a great pattern and fits him so well! Because my husband is both tall and thin, he has a very hard time finding shirts that fit his height and neck/torso circumference at the same time. This pattern, with a little tweaking, fits perfectly.
I have cut the pattern at size 34 for the width and size 60 for the length. I also like to cut the collar one full inch thinner to keep the look contemporary; the pattern itself features rather large collars that are reminiscent of 1970's fashion. Finally, I like to add a facing to the back yoke for extra strength and durability.
Because I was running short on yardage, this latest shirt is a short sleeve. Unfortunately I didn't have enough fabric to even match the two front pockets with the front! Thankfully I don't think this detracts too much from the final look. This version features snaps instead of buttons. This was my first time using snaps and I thought they were a bit tricky to put on, but still easier than sewing all of those button holes! I definitely recommend getting several extra snaps and practicing on scrap fabric first if you plan on using snaps. I also cut the inner collar band, yoke facing, and inner center front of the placket out of a soft thin indigo denim fabric for a little extra character.
Measuring everything twice


Hammering the snaps on


No comments:

Post a Comment