Monday, October 24, 2016

DIY party shades

Me and my husband are going as futuristic aliens this year for Halloween, and as part of our costume I thought we should have totally over the top party sunglasses!
So I got the materials mainly from Walmart - two cheap pairs of sunglasses plus a totally amazing and over the top necklace. The necklace was then completely deconstructed using needle nose pliers. I also bought a few beads and charms from the Hobby lobby.  

Next I proceeded to hot-glue the various beads, pendents and chains onto the glasses frames and lenses. The glue can be seen a little in a few spots, but for the most part is not noticeable. Unfortunately they are a little heavy and delicate, we will just have to be careful with them come this Halloween weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment