Sunday, December 31, 2017

Winter baby bonnet

I recently discovered Purl Soho, which is a gem of a website filled with adorable patterns including some that are free! The first pattern from this site that I tried was their Winter baby bonnet, which you can find here. I used remnant cotton fabric for the outside and fleece lining. I would use this pattern again, but think that next time I would modify the pattern so that the strap ties could be at least 1 inch longer as my final bonnet seems like tying it may be a little difficult.
 After sewing the inside and outside together with right sides facing, I then flipped this to right side on the outside. The opening was then hand stitched closed.
 So excited to coordinate this bonnet with the cloth baby shoes I made!


No comments:

Post a Comment